Hi there, and welcome to my blog! I'm so glad you happened to stumble into my corner of the blogosphere (:
For starters, a bit about myself: My name is Marah Brubaker and I am a (rising) junior here at Amherst College. I am originally from Lancaster, Pennsylvania (it's about a 6 hour drive from campus), and I go home to visit every chance I get. Here at Amherst I am majoring in Anthropology, I direct my a capella group (the Amherst College DQ--check us out!), play Intramural Volleyball, work in Keefe Campus Center as a Campus Center Manager, work with our Annual Fund as a Phonathon Caller, and work in our Admissions Office as a Summer Intern. You can find me here on the blog all summer, so stay tuned to hear about my latest adventures and escapades!
Just for fun, I've included a few random facts about me:
- I've camped / tented in a hurricane
- I once lost my sense of smell due to a botched surgery. Ever since (partially) regaining my sense of smell after said botched surgery, I have developed synesthesia with smell / emotions. Pretty cool and freaky!
- I have watched a human heart beat inside of someone's chest.
- My skin chemically burns when simultaneously coming into contact with lime juice and sunlight. (It's called phytophotodermatitis, check it out!)
- I once ate 10 sea gooseberries (they're basically tiny jellyfish) straight out of the ocean on a dare from my cousin (I realize now that that was probably horribly unwise, but what is done is done!)
That's all for now, but please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or comments! (Aka please email me so that I don't feel like I'm spewing words out into an empty internet void!)
P.S. I originally wanted to call this post "Introducing Me" but I was scared no one would get it. Bonus points to you if you understand the reference without having to click the link.