Join us at the Admission Office on any of the days listed on the tour and information session calendars below. Reservations are not necessary for individual students and their families or for small groups of ten or fewer, but we do encourage you to sign up online in advance. Groups of more than ten visitors should call the Admission Office at (413) 542-2328 to schedule the group's visit; to ensure that your group can be accommodated, please contact us at least two weeks in advance of your intended visit.
Some additional important items of interest, as you plan your visit:
- Location: The Admission Office is located at 220 South Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA 01002.
- Interviews: Amherst does not offer interviews for prospective students.
- Demonstrated Interest: Amherst does not use an applicant’s “demonstrated interest” in our admission decisions.
- Weekend Tours: On weekends, the Admission Office is open only on those mornings when information sessions are scheduled. If you are planning to take a campus tour on a day when we are not offering information sessions, please gather for the tour outside the Admission Office, 220 South Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA, where you will be met by your student tour guide.
- Self-Guided Tours: If you will be visiting our campus at a time when student-led tours are not offered, you can follow our online virtual tour or download a PDF version of our self-guided tour booklet and a campus map (also available in hardcopy in the visitor information box outside the front door of the Admission Office).
- Financial Aid Information Sessions: While our general admission information sessions include an introductory overview of the basic features of Amherst's financial aid program, our financial aid information sessions provide an opportunity for more detailed discussion of Amherst's financial aid policies and procedures and their practical application to differing family situations. We offer financial aid information sessions most Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but there is variability in the schedule. To plan ahead, we invite you to access the online calendar and registration for upcoming financial aid information sessions. These sessions are held at the Office of Financial Aid, Converse Hall B-5 (lower level), only a short walk from the Admission Office.
- Overnight Stays (admitted students only): We offer admitted students the opportunity to spend the night in one of our residence halls on specific nights during the month of April. Advance reservations are required, as a limited number of students may be accommodated. Admitted students will receive information on opportunities for overnight visits at the time of admission to Amherst.
- Take a Virtual Tour: If you are unable to visit campus in person, or before you arrive for your on-campus tour, explore our Virtual Tour at your own pace.
Tour and Information Session Calendars
To view our schedule of tours and information sessions, click on the appropriate monthly calendar to view the daily schedule in more detail or download a PDF version through the links below.
***If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you'll need to download and install it first in order to view the monthly calendars.***
To download or print a PDF-version of a monthly schedule, click on the appropriate link below:
November 2016 Tour and Information Session Calendar
December 2016 Tour and Information Session Calendar
January 2017 Tour and Information Session Calendar
February 2017 Tour and Information Session Calendar
March 2017 Tour and Information Session Calendar
April 2017 Tour and Information Session Calendar
May 2017 Tour and Information Session Calendar
Decided when you'd like to visit? Reservations are not required for campus tours or information sessions, but we do encourage you to sign up online in advance.
Planning a later visit? Please check back for Summer 2017 calendars or call the Office of Admission at (413) 542-2328.
We look forward to seeing you!