- Applying to Amherst
- Discovering Amherst
- Diversity Programs
- Financial Aid & Costs
- For Current Applicants
- Knowing More About Amherst
- Meeting Amherst "On the Road"
- Meeting Our Students
- Telementoring Program
- Visiting Amherst
Tours and Information Sessions
Join us at the Admission Office on any of the days listed on the tour and information session schedule below. Reservations are not necessary for individual students and their families or for small groups of ten or fewer. Groups of more than ten visitors should call the Admission Office at (413) 542-2328 to schedule the group's visit. To ensure that your group can be accommodated, please contact us at least two weeks in advance of your intended visit.
Some important items you should know:
- Interviews: Amherst does not offer interviews for prospective students.
- Weekend Tours: Please note that on weekends, the admission office is only open when we are offering information sessions. Should you plan on attending a weekend tour on a day when we offer no information session, we invite you to gather for the tour outside the entrance to the admission office, where you will be met by your tour guide.
- Self-Guided Tours: If you will be visiting our campus at a time when student-led tours are not offered, be sure to download and print our self-guided tour booklet.
- Financial Aid Information Sessions: We offer financial aid information sessions most Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Please notify our receptionist when you visit that you're interested in attending a financial aid information session. During the academic year, financial aid information sessions take place most Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 11 am on days when Admission Office information sessions are offered.
- Overnight Stays (admitted students only): We offer admitted students the opportunity to spend the night in one of our residence halls on specific nights during the spring. Advance reservations are required, as a limited number of students may be accommodated. It's important to call the Office of Admission at (413) 542-2328 ahead of time to secure a reservation before making travel arrangements to campus.
To view our schedule of tours and information sessions, click on the appropriate month to view the daily schedule in more detail OR download a PDF version through the links below.
***If you don't have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you'll need to download and install it first in order to view the monthly calendars.***
Special Information about Visiting on Tuesday, September 1 Our newest Amherst students in the Class of 2019 will be moving into their dormitories on Tuesday, September 1, so it will be an especially busy day on campus, with more people and more cars than usual. The Office of Admission will still be welcoming prospective students and their families for campus tours and information sessions, but please note that you may expect a high level of activity on campus and, perhaps, some adjustment to our typical tours (for example, it will not be possible to visit a first-year dormitory on that day). If convenient, you may wish to consider an alternative day to visit us, but – if not - please be assured that we will be happy to see you on September 1!
To download or print a PDF-version of a monthly schedule, click on the appropriate link below:
September 2015 Tour and Information Session Calendar *
*See special notice above about visiting on Tuesday, September 1.*
October 2015 Tour and Information Session Calendar
November 2015 Tour and Information Session Calendar
December 2015 Tour and Information Session Calendar