Join us at the Admission Office on any of the days listed in the information session and campus tour calendars below. Reservations are not necessary for individual students and their families or for small groups of fewer than ten visitors, but we do encourage you to sign up online in advance. For groups of ten or more, reservations are required and must be confirmed in advance. To inquire about the possibility of a group visit, please submit our group visit form at least two week prior to the requested visit date.
Some additional important items of interest, as you plan your visit:
- Location: The Admission Office is located at 220 South Pleasant Street, Amherst, MA 01002.
- Interviews: Amherst does not offer interviews for prospective students.
- Demonstrated Interest: Amherst does not use an applicant’s “demonstrated interest” in our admission decisions.
- Office Hours: The Office of Admission is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm and on selected Saturdays in the month of August.
- Self-Guided Tours: If you will be visiting our campus at a time when student-led tours are not offered, you can access our interactive campus map, follow our online virtual tour or download PDF versions of our self-guided tour booklet and print campus map (also available in the visitor information box outside the front door of the Admission Office).
- Financial Aid Information Sessions: While our general admission information sessions include an introductory overview of the basic features of Amherst's financial aid program, our financial aid information sessions provide an opportunity for more detailed discussion of Amherst's financial aid policies and procedures and their practical application to differing family situations. We offer financial aid information sessions most Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but there is variability in the schedule. To plan ahead, we invite you to access the online calendar and registration for upcoming financial aid information sessions. These sessions are held at the Office of Financial Aid, Converse Hall B-5 (lower level), only a short walk from the Admission Office.
- Overnight Stays (admitted students only): We offer admitted students the opportunity to spend the night in one of our residence halls on specific nights during the month of April. Advance reservations are required, as a limited number of students may be accommodated. Admitted students will receive information on opportunities for overnight visits at the time of admission to Amherst.
- Take a Virtual Tour: If you are unable to visit campus in person, or before you arrive for your on-campus tour, explore our online virtual tour at your own pace.