October 21-23, 2011
Register online at www.amherst.edu/homecoming
September 20, 2011
The Homecoming Weekend is fast approaching. Based on recent telephone conversations and attendance at prior Homecomings, I am hopeful that all of the following will be coming: Tom and Joy Bushman, Hobie and Cynie Cleminshaw, Jeff Hartzell, Skip and Norma Hunsiker, John and Jane Keydel, Fred and Judy Luddy, Chuck and Polly Longsworth, Phil and Eileen Knowles, Dick and Arlanne Snodgrass, John and Joanne Walker,Will and Barbara Weeks and Hank and JoWilliams.
I urge other classmates to consider attending Homecoming, which is always an enjoyable experience. However, I need to add that nearby hotel rooms will be very difficult to obtain.
Friday, October 21
- 9 a.m·-4 p.m. - Attend open classes. The schedule will be available at Alumni House when you register and online starting this month.
- 4 p.m. - Lecture on Arab revolts and the Iranian Green Movement (the innovative use against the government of the Internet and social networking)
Saturday, October 22
- 8 a.m. - Pratt Field opens for tailgating. Our class will be sharing a tent with '49, '50, '53 and '54.
- 11 a.m. - A Conversation with President Biddy Martin. Johnson Chapel
- 1 p.m. - Football vs. Wesleyan (Half-time: Amherst songs sing-along)
- 6 p.m.- Cocktails and a catered dinner for the Class of 1951 at the Amherst home of Judy and Fred Luddy at 36 Pelham Road, which is about a mile and a-quarter east of the center of Amherst. Drive east onMain Street, which changes in name to Pelham. Just after you cross a bridge, you will find the Luddy drive on the left. We thank Fred and Judy for hosting this event and helping with the planning.
Please return your check-made out to Amherst Class of 1951- for dinner at $25 per person to Sandy Riley, Amherst College, Alumni Programs, PO Box 5000–AC # 2220. Amherst, MA 01002. Consult the Homecoming web site above for additional events and information.
We look forward to seeing you at Homecoming.