Welcome Class of '83
Hello there classmates! I hope that everyone is enjoying the spring thaw after what seemed to be a very long winter (at least in Connecticut). Our 30th reunion is now approaching fast, so make your plans soon for May 29th - June 2nd! At the end of reunion, please feel free to send on photos for posting to Lynn Wilkinson, it would be great to have a few shutterbugs helping us capture the memories...
A quick orientation to the website is below, and best wishes for a happy healthy spring! Note that some of these pages are password protected to preserve privacy.
- Reunion Central You can see planning for the 30th reunion and relive memories from the 25th.
- Instructions on how to use the Listserv
- The Bulletin Board - a "free for all" space for any thoughts/pictures you would like to share with everyone. Joe Struckus was the first one to make the bold move of posting something here - you can see the doorway to the Curtiss House which is getting a loving restoration!
- Campus Links takes you to useful spots on the college webpage - e.g. find the e-mail address of your freshman room-mate or find fellow alum in your industry.
- Class Notes and News - yes, the internet is faster than print publication! Read it here first, and we've got the start of an archive, just in case you need to refer back to lost issues.
- Classmates - your own homepages! As of February 4th, 2013, there are... drum roll... four homepages available for you! I'd like to encourage everyone to think about posting a photo or just saying hello to folks. I got the job as webmaster as a result of my decision to start a homepage - who knows what opportunities will come your way? Contact information for long-lost classmates is also available for those who hunt the drill-downs here (and if you are one of those classmates want to stay long-lost, you can set permissions here as well..)
- Goooooogle me! Next to the big book, this is my favorite part of the site - a collection of semi-randomly "goooogled" classmates, along with their webpages. Lots of people up to lots of amazing stuff. Have you been gooogled yet?
- And finally, we have a listing of class officers, and contact information for you.
The website is always a work in progress. Suggestions are welcome, please send thoughts and comments to Lynn Wilkinson, it was great seeing you at reunion, and I look forward to seeing you next time around!