Young Alumni Tent Donations
Dear Class of 2012,
Our first Homecoming as alumni is just around the corner! We hope you are making plans to join us Nov. 9-11 to connect with classmates and other alumni, meet the new 2016s that replaced us and visit the Socials where, to us, Davis will live on in spirit.
The weekend's biggest event--the football game against Williams College--takes place on Saturday at noon. Come cheer on the Lord Jeffs to victory in the final game on Pratt Field before its renovation! Then, stay for the post-game Homecoming lunch in the Cage with music by Amherst's Jazz Ensemble.
Other highlights of the weekend include:
- An alumni/student networking reception in the Keefe Campus Center, Friday at 5:45 pm. All alumni are urged to come share their knowledge and advice.
- Class of 2012 cocktail hour will be at Monkey Bar at 9:30 p.m. on Friday. Come meet up with the rest of the '12s--there will be drink specials!
- A conversation with President Biddy Martin in Johnson Chapel, Saturday at 10 a.m.
- The Class of 2012 tent, shared with other young alumni classes, at the football game starting at noon on Saturday. We are collecting money toward the Homecoming tailgate for the young alumni tent. If you would like to contribute, please click here.
- The annual clash of the classes' half-time competition to keep a 10-foot beach ball off the ground and through the goalposts first.
In addition to Homecoming, the college creates numerous opportunities for us to connect with Amherst, including regional events, Reunion, Amherst Today, Amherst Reads and the Virtual Lecture Series. Check them out if you haven't already--they showcase what a great resource the Amherst community is to us as alumni. In turn, we hope you'll consider giving back in the future by volunteering or giving to the Alumni Fund.
Hope to see you all in November!
Go Amherst! Beat Williams!
Xuanji Wang '12
PS: View the complete schedule at www.amherst.edu/homecoming and mark your calendar for Reunion 2013, May 29-June 2, 2013
Welcome to the Class of 2012 Web Site
You also have a set of personal pages on Amherst's site:
“My Amherst,” Announcements and Course Information
After you log in, click the “My Amherst” link in the upper right. On your “My Amherst” page, you'll see links to courses you are taking, and you'll see tabs to pages containing the Campus Intranet, college announcements, and an RSS reader. You can use the RSS reader to subscribe to any news source that provides an RSS feed.
Your Profile and Photo
After you log in, click the “My Amherst” link in the upper right. In the My Amherst section, click the "My profile" tab. On that page, you will be able to upload a photo of yourself, which will appear in your Class "facebook" and on the class roster pages of the courses you're enrolled in. No one without an Amherst password will be able to see your photograph. To see how to upload your photo, watch this brief video.
Your Personal Web Site
After you log in, click the “My Amherst” link in the upper right. This is your own personal homepage, where you can post photos and news about yourself. Other students may write comments on your page (unless you decide to turn the comments off). Note that your homepage is by default visible to the outside world, so if you'd like to make it visible to students only, or everyone on campus only, you must change your settings.