Dear Class of 2012,
Our first Homecoming as alumni is just around the corner! We hope you are making plans to join us Nov. 9-11 to connect with classmates and other alumni, meet the new 2016s that replaced us and visit the Socials where, to us, Davis will live on in spirit.
The weekend's biggest event--the football game against Williams College--takes place on Saturday at noon. Come cheer on the Lord Jeffs to victory in the final game on Pratt Field before its renovation! Then, stay for the post-game Homecoming lunch in the Cage with music by Amherst's Jazz Ensemble.
Other highlights of the weekend include:
- An alumni/student networking reception in the Keefe Campus Center, Friday at 5:45 pm. All alumni are urged to come share their knowledge and advice.
- Class of 2012 cocktail hour will be at Monkey Bar at 9:30 p.m. on Friday. Come meet up with the rest of the '12s--there will be drink specials!
- A conversation with President Biddy Martin in Johnson Chapel, Saturday at 10 a.m.
- The Class of 2012 tent, shared with other young alumni classes, at the football game starting at noon on Saturday. We are collecting money toward the Homecoming tailgate for the young alumni tent. If you would like to contribute, please click here.
- The annual clash of the classes' half-time competition to keep a 10-foot beach ball off the ground and through the goalposts first.
In addition to Homecoming, the college creates numerous opportunities for us to connect with Amherst, including regional events, Reunion, Amherst Today, Amherst Reads and the Virtual Lecture Series. Check them out if you haven't already--they showcase what a great resource the Amherst community is to us as alumni. In turn, we hope you'll consider giving back in the future by volunteering or giving to the Alumni Fund.
Hope to see you all in November!
Go Amherst! Beat Williams!
Xuanji Wang '12
PS: View the complete schedule at www.amherst.edu/homecoming and mark your calendar for Reunion 2013, May 29-June 2, 2013.