The Mirror Effect
by Drew Pinsky '80
"A compelling and intelligent study of the repercussions of today's fame-obsessed society." - Flavorpill.com
- Learn more about the author (view alumni profile)
- Read the interview with Debby Applegate '89 from the Amherst magaine
- Read an excerpt fromThe Mirror Effect
- Listen to the interview with Rob Simpson '69 and Drew Pinsky '80
- Join the discussion!
- See more books by the author
Broadcast on a daily basis through myriad mass media, the self-destructive soap opera of celebrity behavior attracts a huge and hungry audience. Dr. Drew Pinsky '80 argues in The Mirror Effect that such behavior points to a wide-ranging psychological dysfunction among celebrities that may be spreading to the culture at large: the condition known as narcissism.