The End of Overeating
by David Kessler '73
"An invaluable contribution to the national conversation about the catastrophe that is the modern American diet." - Michael Pollan, author of In Defense of Food
- Learn more about the author (view alumni profile)
- Read the review by Catherine Sanderson
- Read an excerpt from The End of Overeating
- Listen to the interview with John-Paul Baird and David Kessler
- Join the discussion!
- See more books by the author
Through the evidence of research, personal stories and examinations of specific foods produced by giant food corporations and restaurant chains, David Kessler explains how the desire to eat is stimulated in the brain by an almost infinite variety of diabolical combinations of salt, fat and sugar. His book prescribes fighting back against the industry's relentless quest for profits while seeking out new sources of rewards to regain control.