- Resources and ServicesResources and Services
- Advancement Staff Directory
- Alumni Directory
- Alumni Mobile App
- Career Resources
- Cool Amherst Stuff
- Email Forwarding
- Library Resources/Academic Journals
- Listservs for Alumni
- News & Publications
- Transcript Requests
Wade Fellows Pre-Professional Series: March 25, 2011
Money 101: Personal Finances After College
- How do I choose and sign up for a credit card?
- What is my credit score, and how will it affect my life?
- Should I be saving or investing?
- Do I need health insurance, and how do I get it?
Sean Kelly '95, an investment coordinator with The Kaleel Company, will lead a seminar for students on responsibly managing your personal finances. He'll cover a variety of topics, including how much of your income should go into living expenses, investments, and savings; how to navigate filing taxes; how to build good credit and the meaning of your credit score; and the ins and outs of taking out a loan. There will be plenty of time for questions following his presentation.
Refreshments will be served before and after the event.
Friday, March 25 from 4:30 - 6:00 p.m.
Pruyne Auditorium, Fayerweather Hall
Brought to you by the Wade Fellowship and the Amherst College Office of Alumni and Parent Programming