As Amherst continues to work to diversify our staff and faculty, it is essential that supervisors think intentionally about how to successfully create an inclusive culture where all may thrive. This workshop invites supervisors to focus on the impact of identity on the supervisory relationship and to discuss the challenges that can accompany creating an inclusive and equitable culture amongst a diverse team.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Explore the relationship between social identity and working relationships with supervisees.
- Work to understand how a focus on equity (as opposed to equality) can improve workplace climate
- Learn to repair and restore relationships when you have made mistakes as a supervisor
- Determine your own value proposition for promoting equity, inclusion and fostering belonging
- Consider the role of cultural humility by questioning assumptions, beliefs, and biases that position your own cultural practices as best
Presenter: Dina Levi, Director of Workforce Equity & Inclusive Leadership, Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Friday, August 5
|9:00am – 12:00pm||Ford Hall Event Space|