Goal 1: Recruit, Support, and Retain Diverse Faculty Scholars.
Strategies for reaching this goal include:
- Conduct strategy meetings with all search committees.
- Work with search Chairs to ensure all measures to diversify the search have been taken.
- Identify an Inclusion Advocate who will serve as a member of the search committee and work with the Cheif Diversity and Inclusion Officer (CDIO) throughout the search.
- Select a Faculty Advocate to fulfill a three-year appointment in the CDIO’s office. This individual will monitor progress on search processes, assist with faculty workshops on topics of diversity and inclusion, and collect and analyze demographic data across academic departments.
- Begin to integrate the idea that departments should always be in “search mode” therefore leveraging opportunities to attract and retain a more diverse faculty.
- Conduct periodic focus groups with faculty of color to discuss opportunities for mentoring and other forms of pre-tenure support.