Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria. The new mascot should:
- be unifying for the Amherst campus and larger Amherst community;
- represent positive qualities, ideals or associations around which people can rally;
- be broadly relevant across the Amherst community, the student body and generations of alumni;
- be representative of the Amherst experience or history, either generally or specifically;
- work equally well for women’s and men’s sports teams; and
have the potential to translate in a visually pleasing manner.
Any questions about the submission/selection process should be directed to email@example.com.