A Note From Amherst Campus Challenge
Nonperishable food goods donated at Campus Challenge drop-off sites are being distributed to Amherst Survival Center and to The Food Bank of Western Massachusetts. Of course, you may donate supplies directly to the organization of your choice.
Some of the most-needed items for canned food drives include:
- Canned products such as fruit, pasta/ravioli, beans, vegetables, or tuna fish
- Rice and pasta
- Healthy snacks such as granola bars
- Peanut butter and jelly; and cereal
--No glass jars, please.
A Note From Amherst Survival Center
Please let us know if you’re organizing (or would like to organize) a Food Drive! Contact Shelly, Pantry Coordinator (413-549-3958 x204) or firstname.lastname@example.org. We can give you a list of needed items and we can put it on our calendar (so we can plan for it). THANK YOU!
A Note From Food Bank of Western Massachusetts
Current List of Most-needed Canned Foods
- Peanut butter and jelly
- Rice and canned or dry beans
- Spaghetti and canned spaghetti sauce
- Canned or boxed pasta/rice meals and canned vegetables
- Canned or instant soups/stews and rice
- Dry oatmeal and canned fruit
Conduct a virtual or canned food drive! Visit http://www.foodbankwma.org/take-action/food-drives
Did you visit http://www.foodbankwma.org/events/montes-march/ to learn more about Monte's March in November?
See http://www.foodbankwma.org/events/coh to learn how to "check out hunger".