New to Amherst College? Never heard of the Office of Environmental Sustainability (OES)? Here’s some of what we offer:
- Book & Plow Farm provides delicious organically grown produce, beautiful views, and chances to get your hands dirty — figuratively and literally.
- The fall is an amazing time in the pioneer valley, and you are steps away from a great bike trail and wildlife sanctuary. Need a bike? Bike Share has you covered!
- The College is developing a plan to go carbon neutral, and we need your help!
- Want to engage with your peers on sustainable living, help organize our annual green games competition, or plan the eco-fair? Apply to become an Eco-Rep.
- Did you know that once the Science Center is completed it will use less energy than any other science building on the east coast? The Greenway Dorms, completed in 2016, have many unique features that make them sustainable.
- In addition to using produce from Book & Plow, Valentine is doing a ton to support local agriculture, provide sustainable food, and reduce food waste.
- There are many ways to work with the OES during the school year and in the summer — on the farm, in the office, and everywhere in between.