Williston Hall was originally built in 1858 as an academic building as well as the home of the College's arts collection. The adaptive reuse renovation of Williston was completed in 2003. Williston anchors the north end of historic College Row and was the first dormitory project to be completed under the College's Residential Master Plan. Thirty-four students now reside in a completely modern environment in one of Amherst's most historic buildings. Its original exterior masonry was retained and the antique chestnut flooring was milled from the building's original framing.