Read selections from The Common's print issues as well as original book reviews, personal and literary essays, author interviews, poetry, and dispatches from around the world at The Common Online. Listen to contributors read and discuss their work in podcasts and poetry audio recordings.
Highlights from The Common's print issues:
- Best American poetry by Mary Jo Salter and Honor Moore.
- Bilingual, illustrated folktales by Ilan Stavans and Teresa Villegas.
- Best American notable essay on tourism and photography by Rolf Potts.
- Biographical and literary profile of poet Richar Wilbur by Robert Bagg.
- Personal essays by Claire Messud, Marisa Silver, and Rowan Moore Gerety.
- Short fiction by Francesca Marciano, Terese Svoboda, Ariel Dorfman, and Stephen O'Connor.
- Poetry by David Lehman, Tom Sleigh, and Victoria Redel.
Highlights from The Common Online:
- Pamela Russell, Interim Director of the Mead Art Museum, discusses the museum's ancient Roman sarcophagus, with translations by Richard Wilbur '42.
- Zinzi Clemmons writes on place and grief in "A Geography of Hurt."
- Diana Babineau '14 interviews Tess Taylor '99 about her debut poetry collection, The Forage House.
- Melody Nixon interviews Claire Messud.
- Poems by Patrick Pritchett, Will Schutt, and Kevin Stewart.
- Elisa Mai '05 reviews Francine Prose's novel, Lovers at the Chameleon Club: Paris 1932.
- Click here to listen to The Common contributors read and discuss their short stories, poems, and essays.