Rules - Winter 2013
1) The possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages at Intramural events or on the Athletic Department grounds is strictly prohibited. A breach of this rule is punishable by expulsion from the league.
2) All participants must be listed on a roster. If a team is playing with a non-roster player, it is an automatic forfeit. A participant can only be on one roster per league.
3) If a team does not have at least five players, the team forfeits. If both teams do not have enough players, it is a double forfeit. When a forfeit occurs, the competing teams can chose to play even though the result will not count towards the standings (the forfeit is still in effect). The teams can redistribute players, play a man down and/or pick up non-roster players. If a team forfeits two regular-season games, they are ineligible for the playoffs.
4) Each game will have two 20 minute halves. The clock will be running time except for the last two minutes of each half. During the last two minutes of each half, the clock will stop on dead balls and all non-shooting fouls will be 1-and-1 (bonus).
5) Each team has two timeouts per half.
6) If a team is on Court 3 (which has a three point arc), three point shots will be counted. Otherwise, all shots will be worth two points. Also, back court will be counted only on courts with a half court line.
7) All other standard basketball rules apply.
8) Absolutely no black-soled shoes in LeFrak or Alumni Gymnasium.
9) Respect the referee's decisions and no arguing their calls - referees make all final calls. Technical fouls and ejections will be administered accordingly. Flagrant fouls are absolutely unacceptable.