Lord Jeffs Start Spring with 9-0 Road Win at Oglethorpe
By Moritz Koenig '11
Mike Mintz won his match 6-0, 6-0.
ATLANTA, GA – Heading into a week that would see six matches in seven days, Amherst looked to quickly establish a winning precedent. Against Oglethorpe University, Amherst did just that, taking all three doubles matches emphatically. The 13th-ranked completed the rout with a 9-0 win.
It was in singles, however, that Amherst was most impressive. Senior captain Mike Mintz (New York, NY) cruised to a 6-0, 6-0 victory at the number one spot, as did sophomore Daniel Kim at number three (Springfield, MO).
Alex Kaufman (Woodside, CA) and Scott London (Chevy Chase, MD) also represented the class of ’10 at the five and six spots, respectively, coming up with convincing victories. Completing the 9-0 sweep were first-years Sean Doerfler (Douglaston, NY) and Moritz Koenig (Hamburg, Germany) who took second and fourth singles.
The Lord Jeffs return to action on Tuesday against Sewanee.
Amherst College 9, Oglethorpe University 0 – Sunday, March. 16, 2008 – Atlanta, GA
1. Mike Mintz (A) def. Brick Faucette (O) 6-0, 6-0
2. Sean Doerfler (A) def. Felix Mann (O) 6-2, 7-5
3. Daniel Kim (A) def. Ross Beall (O) 6-0, 6-0
4. Moritz Koenig (A) def. Alex Linburg (O) 6-1, 6-3
5. Alex Kaufman (A) def. Brad White (O) 6-2, 6-4
6. Scott London (A) def. Joey Kosciolek (O) 6-1, 6-2
1. Zack Lerner/ Sean Doerfler (A) def. Ross Beall/Felix Mann (O) 8-2
2. Jeff Wan/Geoff Schwartz (A) def. Brick Faucette/Brad White (O) 8-0
3. Mike Mintz/Tal Avrahami (A) def. Alex Linburg/Joey Kosciolek 8-0