Amherst Falls to Dartmouth in Division I Match, 7-0
By Moritz Koenig '11
Hanover, NH – In the first dual match after the end of spring break, the Amherst College men’s tennis team traveled to Hanover, NH to take on Ivy League team Dartmouth College. On its way to a 7-0 victory, Dartmouth swept the doubles matches. Division I rules, however, state that the doubles wins only count for one point in the total dual match score. The Lord Jeffs were ready to compete when singles action started up, but fell short in all matches in straight-set losses.
Amherst will take on Wesleyan College Saturday in the first NESCAC match of the season, which is to be played at Amherst College beginning at 2 p.m.
Dartmouth College 7, Amherst College 0 – Friday, Mar. 28, 2008 – Hanover, NH
1 Mark Brodie (D) def. Zack Lerner (A) 6-3, 6-1
2. Daniel Freeman (D) def. Mike Mintz (A) 6-2, 6-2
3. Justin Tzou (D) def. Sean Doerfler (A) 6-2, 6-1
4. Ari Gayer (D) def. Jeffrey Wan (A) 6-3, 6-1
5. Jeffrey Schechtman (D) def. Daniel Kim (A) 6-2, 6-1
6. Andrew Kim (D) def. Moritz Koenig (A) 6-3, 6-1
1. Schechtman/Brodie (D) def. Wan/Schwartz (A) 8-2
2. Gayer/Freeman (D) def. Lerner/Kim (A) 8-6
3. Lim/ Steinberg (D) def. Mintz/Avrahami (A) 8-5