Amherst Cruises to 9-0 Win at Connecticut College
First-year Robby Sorrel cruised to a 6-0, 6-1 win in the No. 5 singles match.
Connecticut College sophomore Trevor Prophet (Nashua, NH) played the closest match of the day for the Camels, falling in a 6-4, 6-3 decision at #2 singles to Amherst sophomore Moritz Koenig (Hamburg, Germany). Lerner and Koenig teamed up to earn an 8-5 win at #1 doubles.
Also picking up singles victories were sophomores Priit Gross (Tartu, Estonia) and Max Gumport (Summit, NJ), and first-years Julian Camacho (New York, NY) and Robby Sorrel (Scarsdale, NY). Gross and first-year Austin Chafetz (Rancho Palos Verdes, CA) won 8-2 at #2 doubles, while Camacho and first-year Wes Waterman (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) picked up an 8-3 victory in the final doubles match.
The Lord Jeffs return to action Saturday, Apr. 11, when they head to Hamilton College to resume NESCAC play.
#7 Amherst College 9, Connecticut College 0
1. Zack Lerner/Moritz Koenig (A) def. Kellogg/Prophet (CC) 8-5
2. Priit Gross/Austin Chafetz (A) def. Stanton/Weisberger (CC) 8-2
3. Wes Waterman/Julian Camacho (A) def. Frieman/Tasi (CC) 8-3
1. Zack Lerner (A) def. David Kellogg (CC) 6-1, 6-1
2. Moritz Koenig (A) def. Trevor Prophet (CC) 6-4, 6-3
3. Priit Gross (A) def. Jeffrey Weisberger (CC) 6-4, 6-1
4. Julian Camacho (A) def. Colin Tasi (CC) 6-2, 6-1
5. Robby Sorrel (A) def. Craig Stanton (CC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Max Gumport (A) def. Henry Friedman (CC) 6-2, 6-0