Amherst Earns 9-0 Win Over Hillsborough on Day Two of Trip
Natasha Brown '11 earned a 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 6.
RUSKIN, FL – The top-ranked Amherst College women’s tennis team improved to 2-0 on its spring trip and 3-0 overall with a 9-0 win over Hillsborough Community College, the eighth-ranked team in the National Junior College Athletic Association.
Gabby Devlin ’14 (McLean, VA), Caroline Richman ’13 (Pacific Palisades, CA) and Natasha Brown ’11 (Woodland Hills, CA) did not lose a single game in the fourth, fifth and sixth matchups, respectively, while Jordan Brewer ’14 (Woodland Hills, CA), Laura Danzig ’12 (Allendale, NY) and Carlissa King ’11 (Bayside, NY) also made quick work of their opponents in the top three singles matches.
Doubles competition was equally lopsided, with Brewer and Devlin teaming up for an 8-2 win at No. 1. Brown and Danzig surrendered only one point in the No. 2 match, while Richman and Jennifer Newman ’14 (Haverford, PA) won the No. 3 matchup, 8-2.
The Lord Jeffs will return to action Friday, Mar. 18, when they head to Boca Raton, Fla., to take on Lynn University, the third-ranked team in Division II.
Amherst College def. Hillsborough Community College, 9-0
1) Jordan Brewer/Gabby Devlin (A) def. Paula Gruber/Sara Johansson (H), 8-2
2) Natasha Brown/Laura Danzig (A) def. Terri Thomas/Sydnie Sine (H), 8-1
3) Caroline Richman/Jennifer Newman (A) def. McKenzie O’Brien/Jibri Bailey (H), 8-2
1) Jordan Brewer (A) def. Sara Johansson (H) 6-3, 6-0
2) Laura Danzig (A) def. Paula Gruber (H) 6-4, 6-1
3) Carlissa King (A) def. Terri Thomas (H) 6-2, 6-0
4) Gabby Devlin (A) def. McKenzie O’Brien (H) 6-0, 6-0
5) Caroline Richman (A) def. Jibri Bailey (H) 6-0, 6-0
6) Natasha Brown (A) def. Deanna Williams (H) 6-0, 6-0