Men's Squash Suffers 9-0 Loss at No. 7 Penn
Ben Bishop was the only Jeff to take a game at Penn.
Entering the match ranked 15th in the nation, Amherst looked to drop the 7th-ranked Quakers to .500. Penn took the courts with a 3-2 record, with losses to the third and fourth ranked teams in the nation this season.
Amherst was able to take just a single game in the match, with senior Ben Bishop (Seattle, WA) losing his bout in the number three spot 3-1. While Bishop was the only Lord Jeff to put a digit in the win column, a very few players lost games without scoring a handful of points.
The road loss should provide the Jeffs with a bit of confidence going forward, now knowing they can hang with one of the best program’s in the nation. Amherst will play host to another Ivy League opponent tomorrow in Brown. Both the Lord Jeff men and women will host the Bears at 3 p.m.
Individual Results: Amherst @ U. Penn – Amherst 0: Penn 9
1) Matteson (P) def. Blacker (A) 9-5, 9-3, 9-5
2) Froot (P) def. Giovinazzo (A) 9-3, 9-0, 10-9
3) Clark (P) def. Bishop (A) 9-4, 3-9, (10-9), 9-4
4) Raho (P) def. Lavine (A) 9-3, 9-0, 9-0
5) Drake (P) def. Cecala (A) 9-1, 9-3, 9-4
6) Dickey (P) def. Arnold (A) 9-0, 9-0, 9-2
7) Josh (P) def. Rapisarda (A) 9-4, 9-5, 9-0
8) Browne (P) def. Corbin (A) 9-2, 9-1, 9-3
9) Thompston (P) def. Glass (A) 9-1, 9-6, 9-6