Check Clerks – Office of the AAS Treasurer
The Office of the Association of Amherst Students (AAS) Treasurer is seeking part-time check clerks for the 2013-2014 academic year. The AAS Treasurer administers and manages the student government’s one million dollar operating budget. Check clerks will assist the AAS Treasurer with clerical duties that are important to efficiently and effectively dispersing funds.
This position is ideal for students who are interested in campus life and want to gain experience in accounting and financial management. As check clerks, students will gain a better understanding of student activities on campus and play a role in helping make those activities possible.
Check clerk responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Printing checks once/twice per week;
- Filing forms along with other organizational duties;
- Compiling weekly discretionary requests;
- Performing other duties as deemed necessary by the AAS Treasurer.
The applicant must possess:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Record of trustworthiness and reliability;
- Strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team;
- Experience with QuickBooks (preferred but not required).
Note: Training will be provided at the beginning.
Hourly Wage: $10.00/hour
How to Apply: Send a cover letter (one page) stating your interest in the position and a resume (one page) to the AAS Treasurer, Abigail Xu, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, candidates must provide two references and their contact information (Email and Phone).
Please make the subject heading “Check Clerk Application for [your name and class year]”. Make sure all documents are in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
Application Deadline: 11:59pm on Friday, September 20.