The Amherst Advantage: Recruit Our Students
Recruiting through Amherst College's Loeb Center for Career Exploration and Planning allows your organization to leverage our expertise and resources to identify students for your job and internship opportunities. We can help you customize your recruiting strategy to meet your hiring goals. Register via Handshake.
- Receive consultative services to effectively brand your organization on-campus. Your openings are featured in our weekly newsletter and on our Handshake job and internship database landing page
- Your openings will be advertised via targeted marketing campaigns
- Your organization’s logo will be featured to our students on our Handshake job and internship database
- Gain access to a larger, qualified, diverse applicant pool that includes Smith College and Mount Holyoke College students
Menu of Options:
- Three College Consortium – Amherst, Smith, and Mount Holyoke Colleges have integrated their recruiting services to provide you with a streamlined system for tapping into a vibrant pool of candidates from three schools. Make the most of your trip to Western Massachusetts and increase your opportunity to fill your interview schedule or on-campus event by opening your position to Smith and Mount Holyoke students.
- On-Campus Interviews (OCI) – Interview candidates on-site in the Fall and Spring semesters. Work with our coordinator to post an opening, set an application deadline, receive a bundle of application materials after the deadline, make candidate selections, and schedule interviews held in the Loeb Center.
- Resume Collection/Resume Referral – Another option for those who cannot make it to campus—post an opening, set an application deadline, and receive a bundle of application materials after the deadline. Instead of interviewing candidates on our campus, manage your own schedule and interview accordingly. For example, most employers coordinate and schedule phone screens and/or host candidates on their premises.
- Virtual On-Campus Recruiting – Can’t make it to campus? Work with us to schedule Skype or phone interviews hosted in our space.
Brand your organization
- On-Campus Informational Interviews – Offer students the opportunity to meet with you one-on-one or in small groups for an open informational interview schedule. This is a great way to build your brand on campus.
- Information Sessions – Host an information session to increase your visibility on campus and build your brand. Visit campus prior to your deadline to create interest in your opening and build a strong applicant pool.
- Tabling On-campus – Increase visibility and build your brand on-campus.
More Recruiting Options:
- General Job & Internship Postings -- Do you have opportunities to fill? Post full-time entry-level jobs and internships for students, along with experienced positions for our alumni free of charge. Students and alumni can access your posting 24/7. To create an account, visit Handshake.
Questions? Contact Us.
155 South Pleasant Street, College Hall
Amherst, MA 01002-5000
Phone: (413) 542-8348