Pathways Student Mentees
A mentee takes an active role and responsibility for his or her learning and development and a mentor facilitates that growth by asking thought-provoking questions that help you to reflect on your experiences. The intended outcome is that you will be able to make strategic and informed decisions regarding your academic and professional life. Ultimately, a mentor will ask you the questions that you may not be asking yourself.
Benefits of Having a Mentor
- Having someone to talk with about choosing a major
- Learning more about a specific industry or career field
- Gaining perspective and support on academic pursuits and challenges
- Developing insight about how to make the most of your time at Amherst
- Utilizing an opportunity to cultivate a relationship over time
Already registered? Search for a mentor now.