Get to know yourself. Who you are, what you value, and what you have to offer the world are important clues to finding meaningful opportunities.
There are many ways to Reflect:
- Consider your previous jobs, internships, and volunteer or extracurricular activities. What did you like? What didn’t you like? Was it a good fit for you? Why or why not?
- Meet with a career advisor to explore your skills, interests, and values.
- Attend the Self-Exploration for Career Planning workshops.
- Use feedback from family, friends, professors, or previous employers to assess your strengths.
- Complete the career exploration exercises in CareerBeam.
- Meet with a career advisor to learn about the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality assessment.
- Create an initial resume that reflects your experiences thus far.