Become a Member of Amherst Select
he Career Center coordinates the Amherst Select Internship Program (Amherst Select), which features summer opportunities sponsored by alumni, parents and friends of Amherst College. Amherst Select is a program covering a broad range of internship opportunities in a variety of different fields. Students complete the qualifying steps during the fall semester and once those steps are completed they have access to apply for summer internships during spring semester.
To gain acccess to apply for Amherst Select internships, students must:
1. Have a resume reviewed and approved by the Career Center
2. Attend a Cover Letter Workshop
3. Attend an Interviewing Workshop
4. Attend an Amherst Select Internship Program Orientation
5. Sign the Career Center's Student Code of Conduct
- Have your resume reviewed by a Peer Career Advisor. Your resume must meet the approval standards.
- Make the required changes to your resume so that you can be approved in Quest.
- Put resume, cover letter and interviewing workshops, and Orientation, on your calendar so you don't forget to attend.
- attend required workshops
- Orientation: dates TBA
- Final Cover Letter Workshops: dates TBA
- Final Interviewing Workshop: dates TBA
- sign the Student Code of Conduct.
Internships will begin to be posted. Students will check Quest regularly to look for Amherst Select internships of interest.
When you find a position of interest, we recommend you bring us your resume and cover letter for review before submitting. The staff in the Career Center can help you target your documents for specific positions.
Continue searching for internships in the Amherst Select database, as well as iin other resources provided by the Career Center.
DO NOT DELAY. Begin the process now!