Try out your ideas. Take the information you’ve gathered about yourself and the wide world of work and test out your options.
There are many ways to Experiment:
- Identify transferable skills that will make you more marketable and develop them through courses, extracurricular activities, and internships.
- Peruse the internship sites on the Career Center website, such as Quest, Liberal Arts Career network (LACN), and InternshipsUSA (both linked from this page)
- Participate in the Amherst Select Internship Program (ASIP) to gain access to internships hosted by Amherst College alumni, parents and friends of the College.
- Learn about the funding available through the College for unpaid summer internships.
- Visit the Center for Community Engagement to explore options for engaging in the local community and additional public service internships.
- Create an opportunity to volunteer or intern while studying abroad.
- Learn how to target your resume and cover letter for a specific opportunity.
- Assume leadership roles on campus and in the local community.