Deadline: Photo for Student ID and Directories
Photo for Student ID and Directories
The Office of Public Affairs contacted incoming students to request a photo by June 1.
Beginning April 1, you’ll be able to log in to www.amherst.edu to create your own web page; upload text,
photos and other content; meet classmates with similar interests; and browse a photo gallery of your class.
To populate the photo gallery, we need your photo! (This picture will also be used as your I.D. picture.
Submitting your photo now means that you won’t have to stand in the I.D. photo line at Orientation.)
Please submit your photo online. To do so:
1. Go to www.amherst.edu.
2. Click on the “Log in” link on the top right of your browser. Enter your Amherst username and password.
(Your Amherst username and password are the same username and password you used to monitor the
documents in your application. Contact the IT Help Desk at (413) 542-2526 if you have questions about
3. Click on the “My Profile” tab, the last tab on the right.
4. Click on the “Edit” link, at the right beneath the silhouetted image.
5. Use the “Browse” button in the “Photos” section of the screen to find a photo on your computer that you would like to upload. Select the photo. Please be sure the photo is a color portrait that is recognizably you and that it is of sufficient resolution. Your photo should be “portrait” orientation (taller than it is wide), at least 300 pixels wide (600 pixels is preferred) and saved as a JPG. If scanning, please set the resolution to 300 dpi and save as a JPG. Any digital camera will produce an acceptable image, but many cell phone cameras will not. Remember that this will be your official College I.D.; passport-type photos, or your high school senior picture, are best for I.D. purposes. And remember, we need a photo of your face—not you and your dog, or you and your bike, or …well, you know what we mean.
6. Click on the “Upload new photo” button.
7. You can add content to the Class of 2016 website through the “Class News” link of the following site:
8. You can also create your own homepage by logging in, using the “My Amherst” link on the top right,
clicking on the “Go to my website” link and following the instructions. Extensive help is available through
the “Help” link on the top right of your browser.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com (put the phrase “Student I.D. Photo” in the subject line) or call the Office of Public Affairs at (413) 542-2321.