The Office of Fellowships advises Amherst College students and alumni/ae for a number of national fellowships and scholarships as well as Amherst College Fellowships. These awards range from full to partial funding and can support public service, independent projects and post-graduate study, in the US and abroad. We administer competitions for sophomores, juniors, and seniors that require institutional nomination to external programs as well as Amherst-funded fellowships for graduates and graduating seniors.
Resources available to you from this office include:
- counseling on which grant opportunities fit you best
- guidance on the application process
- assistance in writing and revising your personal statements and project proposals
- interview preparation
- referrals to resources and information on major scholarships
- advice from past scholarship winners and finalists
Catherine Macdonald ’07, Watson Fellow 2007-2008; Kipp Weiskopf ’07 & Colin Godwin ’07, Churchill Scholars 2007-2008; Michael Rosenthal ’02, Fulbright Scholar to Russia 2002-2003.
Director of Fellowship Advising
212 Converse Hall
213 Converse Hall
The Office of Fellowships does not administer funding for summer grants, direct-apply scholarships and fellowships, or paid internships. For those and other funding opportunities, please check with the Career Center, the Center for Community Engagement, and/or your academic department.