"I have really loved this series over my last few semesters at Amherst, listening to the stories of people in our community and having this place to be vulnerable has been so refreshing and really valuable." Khushy Aggarwal, senior
The Life Stories lunch series provides a forum for the Amherst community come together to listen to a student, faculty or staff member talk about their lives. There is a scheduled speaker at each meeting who talks for 30 minutes on a topic of their choosing. This will be followed by an opportunity for those listening to share reflections, questions, and their own experiences. Lunch is provided.
Life Stories is an opportunity for us to get to know each other beyond our professional or academic roles, and behind the positive image most of us like to present to the world. By telling stories of how we have navigated challenges, difficult decisions and pivotal moments in our lives, we help normalize human struggle and share what we've learned along the way.
Everyone’s story is personal, and it is up to each speaker to decide what to share. The questions below are intended to help generate thought; you may choose to speak about anything you like.
- What key experiences or people have shaped you?
- What are your core values and beliefs, and how have they evolved?
- What is one of the most difficult things you have ever done or been through and how did it change you?
- What impact would you like to have, or what legacy would you like to leave?
If you are interested in sharing your story, or have questions about this program, please contact Jessica Gifford, Mental Health Educator 413-542-5637 or email@example.com.
This series takes place on Fridays from 12:00-1:00pm in the McCaffrey Room, Keefe Campus Center, lunch provided:
- 9/28 Shreeansh Agrawal 20E
- 10/12 Maida Ives, Manager of Farm Education and Operations
- 10/26 Karu Kozuma, Chief Student Affairs Officer
- 11/9 Robert Hayashi, Associate Professor of American Studies
- 11/30 Traci Roy, Lead Certified Medical Assistant
If you would like to be notified of changes or future programs, please email Jessica Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org to join our mailing list.