Social isolation takes a huge toll on our mental and emotional health. However, it is possible to feel connected and recognize we are not alone, even while we’re maintaining physical distance. This meditation promotes a sense of connection to others through stressful and difficult times. It may stir up some emotions in the short term, so give yourself a little time afterward to absorb.
Activity: Take 10-minutes to practice this meditation on connection.
- Reduces isolation and promotes a sense of connection
- Increases gratitude and appreciation
- Strengthens relationships
- Improves mood
If you’d like to dramatically increase your likelihood of following through on this activity, answer these questions in writing or out loud to another person.
- How and when will you do this activity?
- What might get in the way—and how will you address these obstacles?