Activity: Identify one thing that you would like to do today, or within the week, that can be completed in 15 minutes or less. If you have a larger goal in mind, break it down into small steps and choose one to work on. Ideas for mini-goals include:
- Doing something fun, calming, or replenishing
- Tackling a minor task on something you’ve been procrastinating
- Connecting with someone you care about
- Helps generate energy, movement, and momentum
- Reduces inertia, anxiety and depression
- Provides a sense of control and accomplishment
- Generates positive emotion
If you’d like to dramatically increase your likelihood of following through on this activity, answer these questions in writing or out loud to another person.
- How and when will you do this activity?
- What might get in the way—and how will you address these obstacles?