Often when we accomplish something, we simply cross it off the list, and focus on what needs to be done next. Celebrating our own wins provides an emotional boost, and celebrating other people’s wins strengthens relationships.
Activity: Take a few minutes to acknowledge and savor your accomplishments, from getting out of bed this morning to finishing the semester! Click here for the Counseling Center’s celebration of YOU.
- Boosts confidence, competence, and sense of control
- Provides a burst of positive emotions
- Reinforces motivation and momentum
If you’d like to dramatically increase your likelihood of following through on this activity, answer these questions in writing or out loud to another person.
- How and when will you do this activity?
- What might get in the way—and how will you address these obstacles?