Activity: Take 10 minutes to write freely about a stressful or difficult situation from the compassionate point of view you chose. Write about your thoughts and feelings about the situation, and offer yourself words of kindness, support, and encouragement.
- Improves mood, reduces depression and anxiety
- Increases connection to others
- Builds confidence and self-worth
- Speeds recovery from setbacks and difficulties
- Increases persistence and the likelihood of achieving goals
If you’d like to dramatically increase your likelihood of following through on this activity, answer these questions in writing or out loud to another person.
- How and when will you do this activity?
- What might get in the way—and how will you address these obstacles?