Activity: Take a few minutes to sit and reflect, or write on these questions, as they relate to the full year, or the last couple of months.
- What has been hard for me? What challenges have I faced?
- What has been positive for me? Have there been bright spots?
- What have I learned, or how have I grown?
- What sources of strength or respite have I drawn on?
- What do I need right now?
- Processes emotions and helps calm stress
- Provides greater self-awareness
- Increases sense of control
- Generates positive emotion
If you’d like to dramatically increase your likelihood of following through on this activity, answer these questions in writing or out loud to another person.
- How and when will you do this activity?
- What might get in the way—and how will you address these obstacles?