The workshops and trainings below are scheduled throughout the year, or you may contact the Mental Health Educator, Jessica Gifford firstname.lastname@example.org to request a workshop or training on any mental health topic tailored to the needs of your group or office.
- Peer Support Skills Training (PSST) This training covers active listening and support skills, how to recognize and respond to students struggling with mental health concerns, and make referrals to appropriate resources. It is 3 sessions of 3 hours each.
- Responding to Students in Distress
This 1.5 hour training covers the basics of how to recognize and respond to students who may be in crisis or struggling with mental health concerns and connect them with appropriate resources.
- Stress Management & Self-Care: This workshop offers strategies to reduce stress, engage in self-care and improve well-being. It can be tailored to the needs of your group and offered in 30-90 minutes.
- Grit and Resiliency Training: This training helps participants build skills to persist through challenges and recover more quickly from stressful situations. 1-4 sessions of 90 minutes each.
- Go for Your Goals: This workshop gives an overview of strategies and approaches that significantly improve the chances of successfully achieving your goals, as well as some common pitfalls. 1 hour.