Academic Semester Hours
- The Health Center is open Monday-Friday closed weekends and college recognized holidays, while school is in session.
- The Health Center is open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm and on Wednesdays from 10:00 am- 5:00 pm. (during the semester).
- The Keefe Health Center will be closed 12:00 noon until 2:30pm on the following days:
Wednesday December 20, 2023
Thursday, December 21, 2023
Wednesday January 17, 2024
Wednesday February 21, 2024
- Friday, December 22, the Health Center will be closing at 11:30 am for the day.
- The Keefe Health Center will be closed the following days:
Monday, December 25, 2023
Tuesday, December 26, 2023
Wednesday, December 27, 2023
Thursday, December 28, 2023
Friday, December 29, 2023
Monday, January 1, 2024
- Accessing Keefe Health Center Fall 2023/Winter 2024:
Accessing care at the Health Center is by appointment only. There is NO walk-in care. Call 413-542-2267
Check in for appointments can be done outside of the building at the side entrance next to Moore Dorm by mobile device. Check in can also be done inside the health center at the computers in the waiting room area.
PRESCRIPTIONS: Prescriptions sent to the Umass pharmacy are available at the Keefe Health Center during the fall and spring semesters only. Prescription services are not available during winter and summer breaks. Prescriptions can be picked up while the Health Center is open, up until 4:30 pm.
EMERGENCY CARE: Amherst College Police Department has a 24 hour dispatcher.
The emergency number is: 413-542-2111. Please program this into your cell phone if you have one. Call this number for emergencies.
After Hours Care
When the Keefe Health Center is closed you are instructed to call the main office number at
(413-542-2267) and press the on-call Nurse triage option. The Nurse will assess your
symptoms and recommend the course of care you should take. Call 413-542-2111 for all emergencies.
The phone triage Nurse may recommend you go to an urgent care center. We strongly
recommend that you check their websites for evening and weekend hours and call them
first before seeking care. Below is a list of local urgent care centers:
UMass Health Services (UHS) 150 Infirmary Way Amherst 413-577-5101
After hours during the academic year:
Sat/Sun/Holidays 11:00am-5:00pm (*Lab and X-ray are open 11-4:30)
Weekday: 5:00pm-8:00pm (X-ray is open Mon-Thursday until 6:30, Friday until 5:30 pm. Lab is open Mon-Fri until 6:00pm - last draw is 5:30pm)
- For current information, please go to umass.edu/uhs/ as hours and information might have changed.
- If you are in need of transport to UHS for an acute medical issue, please call x2111 for ACEMs or the AOC and they may be able to arrange for a mammoth van ride
MedExpress Urgent Care, 424 Russell Street, Hadley, MA 01035 (413) 253-0483
AEIOU Cooley Dickinson Urgent Care 170 University Drive Amherst MA 01002 (413) 582-4400
Hours of operation: M-F 8am - 8pm: Sat-Sun 9am-5pm
MedExpress Urgent Care – 1505 Memorial Dr. Chicopee, MA 01020 (413)-533-3049
Hours: 8 am – 8 pm, Monday – Sunday
Those with medical emergencies should proceed to Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
In addition to prescription pick-up from the Keefe Health Center (prescriptions delivered from UHS), the following local pharmacies are available for prescriptions. Call pharmacy for additional information including hours of operation.
- CVS at 76 North Pleasant Street, Amherst MA Phone #: (413) 253-9307
- CVS at 165 University Drive, Amherst MA Phone #: (413) 256-0421
- Amherst Pharmacy at 381 College Street, Amherst MA Phone # (413) 253-0387
- Walmart at 337 Russell Street, Hadley MA Phone #: (413) 586-4231