Academic Semester Hours
- The Health Center is open Monday-Friday closed weekends and college recognized holidays, while school is in session.
- The Health Center is open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm and on Wednesdays from 10:00 am- 5:00 pm. (during the semester)
- The Health Center is closed every Wedneday from 1pm - 2pm
- SPRING BREAK HOURS:
March 13th through March 17th, the Health Center will be closing at 4:30 pm.
- Accessing Keefe Health Center Spring 2023:
Accessing care at the Health Center is by appointment only. There is NO walk-in care. Call 413-542-2267
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check in for appointments can be done outside of the building at the side entrance next to Moore Dorm by mobile device. Check in can also be done inside the health center at the computers in the waiting room area.
Accessing Acute Care: Call 413-542-2267 to request an appointment for an acute medical concern. At the start of the Fall 2022 semester - all medical appointments will be at the Keefe Health Center. Depending on volume and status of illness on campus, you may be directed to the Acute Care Clinic located on the first floor of Residential Hall A (formerly Taplin) for your evaluation.
PRESCRIPTIONS: Prescriptions are only available at the Keefe Health Center during the fall and spring semesters only. Prescriptions can be picked up while the Health Center is open, up until 4:30 pm.
EMERGENCY CARE: Amherst College Police Department has a 24 hour dispatcher.
The emergency number is: 413-542-2111. Please program this into your cell phone if you have one. Call this number for emergencies.
After Hours Care During COVID19 Pandemic
When the Keefe Health Center is closed you are instructed to call the main office number at
(413-542-2267) and press the on-call Nurse triage option. The Nurse will assess your
symptoms and recommend the course of care you should take. Call 413-542-2111 for all emergencies.
The phone triage Nurse may recommend you go to an urgent care center. We strongly
recommend that you check their websites for evening and weekend hours and call them
first before seeking care. Below is a list of local urgent care centers:
UMass Health Services (UHS) 150 Infirmary Way Amherst
After hours during the academic year:
Sat/Sun/Holidays 11:00am-5:00pm (*Lab and X-ray are open 11-5)-
Weekday: 5:00pm-8:00pm (X-ray is open Mon-Thursday until 7:00, Friday until 6:00pm. Lab is open Mon-Fri until 6:00pm - last draw is 530pm)
- You are encouraged come directly to Walk-in Clinic while it is open for same day, acute care
- You will be placed into the QLESS virtual queue by the receptionist and will receive an estimated wait time
- You will be called upon when it is your turn to see the provider
- For general questions or health advice, call the Nurse Triage Line: 413-577-5229 and leave a voice message.
MedExpress Urgent Care, 424 Russell Street, Hadley, MA 01035 (413) 253-0483
https://www.medexpress.com/location/ma/hadley/hds/ CURRENTLY CLOSED
AEIOU Cooley Dickinson Urgent Care 170 University Drive Amherst MA 01002 (413) 582-4400
Hours of operation: M-F 8am - 8pm: Sat-Sun 9am-5pm
MedExpress Urgent Care – 1505 Memorial Dr. Chicopee, MA 01020 (413)-533-3049
Hours: 8 am – 8 pm, Monday – Sunday
Those with medical emergencies should proceed to Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
In addition to prescription pick-up from the Keefe Health Center (prescriptions delivered from UHS), the following local pharmacies are available for prescriptions. Call pharmacy for additional information including hours of operation.
- CVS at 76 North Pleasant Street, Amherst MA Phone #: (413) 253-9307
- CVS at 165 University Drive, Amherst MA Phone #: (413) 256-0421
- Amherst Pharmacy at 381 College Street, Amherst MA Phone # (413) 253-0387
- Walmart at 337 Russell Street, Hadley MA Phone #: (413) 586-4231