Academic Semester Hours
- The Health Center is open Monday-Friday closed weekends and college recognized holidays, while school is in session.
- The Health Center is open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and on Wednesdays from 10:00 am- 5:00 pm.
- The last appointment of the day is at 4:30 pm.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The Health Center will be closed on Friday July 3.
SPEICAL NOTICE FOR SUMMER of 2020:
Special Note for recently graduated students: Your student health coverage ends on August 15th. We can continue to treat you during your stay on campus
After hours: If you have an issue when the health center is not open, you can still call the Health Center phone number 413-542-2267. You will have the option to leave a message or to talk to an on-call nurse. The nurse will give you advice and will page the provider on call if indicated.
Prescriptions: We want to minimize the need for students to leave campus – so we will be able to provide prescription pick up at the Health Center this summer. If you are a student receiving coverage from financial aid for your co-pays during the academic year – we are able to continue that coverage for prescriptions picked up at the Health Center through the summer.
Making an Appointment
- Appointments are recommended and readily available and can be made by calling the Keefe Health Center at (413) 542-2267, by sending a message through the patient portal or by email at email@example.com.
- Walk in care is available for more acute medical problems.
After Hours Care During COVID19 Pandemic
When the Keefe Health Center is closed you are instructed to call the main office number at
(413-542-2267) and press the on-call Nurse triage option. The Nurse will assess your
symptoms and recommend the course of care you should take. Walk-in care at University
Health Services is longer is no available at the present time.
We recommend you speak with the phone triage Nurse regarding all illnesses or injuries
before seeking further care unless you have an emergency. Call 413-542-2111 for all
The phone triage Nurse may recommend you go to an urgent care center. We strongly
recommend that you check their websites for evening and weekend hours and call them
first before seeking care. Not all urgent care centers are still doing in person visits for
people with respiratory illnesses. Below is a list of local urgent care centers:
MedExpress Urgent Care, 424 Russell Street, Hadley, MA 01035
AEIOU Urgent Care, 170 University Drive Suite 102 , Amherst, MA 01002
Baystate Urgent Care, 325 King Street, Northampton, MA 01060
On Call Urgent Care Center, 6 Hatfield Street, Northampton, MA 01060
Those with medical emergencies should proceed to Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
In addition to prescription pick-up from the Keefe Health Center (prescriptions delivered from UHS), the following local pharmacies are available for prescriptions. Call pharmacy for additional information including hours of operation.
- CVS at 76 North Pleasant Street, Amherst MA Phone #: (413) 253-9307
- CVS at 165 University Drive, Amherst MA Phone #: (413) 256-0421
- Amherst Pharmacy at 381 College Street, Amherst MA Phone # (413) 253-0387
- Walmart at 337 Russell Street, Hadley MA Phone #: (413) 586-4231