Academic Semester Hours
- The Health Center is open Monday-Friday closed weekends and college recognized holidays, while school is in session.
- The Health Center is open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm and on Wednesdays from 10:00 am- 5:00 pm.
- The last appointment of the day is at 4:30 pm.
- Please note the following days when the Health Center will be opening late:
Friday, November 1 - opening at 10:00 a.m.
Friday, December 6 - opening at 10:00 a.m.
Friday, February 7 - opening at 10:00 a.m.
Friday, March 6 - opening at 10:00 a.m.
Friday, April 3 - opening at 10:00 a.m.
Friday, May 1 - opening at 10:00 a.m.
- The Health Center will be open Monday - Friday during the summer break from 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- The last appointment day will be scheduled at 3:00 p.m.
- Please note that the Health Center will be closing early or be closed on the following days:
Making an Appointment
- Appointments are recommended and readily available and can be made by calling the Keefe Health Center at (413) 542-2267, by sending a message through the patient portal or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walk in care is available for more acute medical problems.
After Hours Care
When the Keefe Health Center is closed, we have an on-call nurse triage option by calling our main office telephone at (413) 542- 2267. Outpatient walk-in care is also available at University Health Services at UMass Amherst. Please visit the website for most current hours of operation. Transportation to University Health Services is provided by Amherst College Emergency Medical Services (ACEMS) if needed and may be accessed by calling Amherst College Campus Police at (413) 542-2111.
When the Keefe Health Center and University Health Services are both closed, the following Urgent Care facilities are located in the area:
- AEIOU Urgent Care, 170 University Drive Suite 102 , Amherst, MA 01002
- MedExpress Urgent Care, 424 Russell Street, Hadley, MA 01035
- Baystate Urgent Care, 325 King Street, Northampton, MA 01060
- On Call Urgent Care Center, 6 Hatfield Street, Northampton, MA 01060
Those with medical emergencies should proceed to Cooley Dickinson Hospital.
In addition to prescription pick-up from the Keefe Health Center (prescriptions delivered from UHS), the following local pharmacies are available for prescriptions. Call pharmacy for additional information including hours of operation.
- CVS at 76 North Pleasant Street, Amherst MA Phone #: (413) 253-9307
- CVS at 165 University Drive, Amherst MA Phone #: (413) 256-0421
- Amherst Pharmacy at 381 College Street, Amherst MA Phone # (413) 253-0387
- Walmart at 337 Russell Street, Hadley MA Phone #: (413) 586-4231