Title IX—part of a 1972 federal education law—prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity. Sexual harassment and sexual violence are forms of sex discrimination. Amherst College is committed to providing an environment free from discrimination, including based upon sex.
Laurie Frankl is the Title IX Coordinator at Amherst. Her job is to oversee the college's compliance with Title IX.
How to Reach the Title IX Coordinator
79 South Pleasant St.
PO Box: AC# 2204
She is available during regular office hours.
Her responsibilities include:
- Ensuring prompt and equitable resolutions of complaints
- Overseeing a centralized reporting process for all sexual harassment and misconduct allegations on campus
- Tracking and monitoring these allegations
- Coordinating training, education and prevention efforts
Title IX Deputy Coordinators
All are available during regular office hours.
- Amanda Collings Vann (students) | 413-542-5671
- Dean Gendron (students and visitors) | 413-542-2337
- Maria Rello (athletics) | 413-542-8467
- Maria-Judith Rodriguez (staff, administration and visitors) | 413-542-2372
- Catherine Epstein (faculty) | 413-542-2334