Each Spring, Community Advisors (CAs) are selected from the current first-year, sophomore, and junior classes. CAs are expected to be community builders and campus leaders in their residence halls and are a crucial link between the College and the student community. Key provisions of the role include: peer advice, conflict resolution, thoughtful referrals, and the implementation of policies, procedures, and health guidelines during the pandemic as outlined by the Office of Residential life and the Office of Student Affairs. The CA role is a great opportunity for students to learn and develop a wide range of skills that can be used beyond the scope of this position. CAs live in the residences that they oversee and are expected to have an openness towards, acceptance of, and concern for, others. CAs will gain a wide knowledge of the various aspects of the College through training provided each semester. The job requires passion and general readiness to engage and develop community, as well as supporting and assisting students in their transition to college and throughout their college experience.
- First, fill out the Workday Application (can be found by searching for the job titled “Community Advisor - 22/23 Academic Year”
- Then, fill out the following 2022 - 2023 Supplemental CA Application Form
- Last, sign up for an interview using the link found in the Supplemental Application form
- Applications are available now and will be accepted until Wednesday, April 20 at 4pm.
- Interviews will be held April 25th - May 5th via zoom
- Decisions will be finalized by Thursday, May 12th
Want to talk more about the position? Join the Community Development Coordinators and Assistant Director at our CA Info Sessions! We will be present and available to answer any questions you might have about the CA role, as well as the hiring and selection process.
Please join us at one of our three available information sessions:
- April 13th: Friedmann Room from 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- April 15th CA: Keefe Campus Center Atrium from 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- April 18th: Virtual from 2 pm - 3 pm - to join, please navigate to the link found HERE
Our application is currently live. If you have any questions, you can contact Amber Rice (Assistant Director of Residential Life).
Students may apply for all three positions (ISL/CA/OL) but cannot hold multiple positions due to the training schedule and required expectation of the roles. As timelines of offers and acceptances may vary depending on the position, we ask that you notify David (ISL), Amber (CA), Madison (OL), should you be applying to another position.