The Office of Student Affairs and the Center for International Student Engagement is pleased to announce that support and resources during the upcoming Thanksgiving Break have been expanded to better support our community. Please review the information below carefully.
Dining Services will be open to all students during limited hours from Saturday (11/18) to Saturday (11/25). The details are as follows:
- Breakfast: 8:00 – 9:30am in Valentine
- Lunch: 12:00 – 2:00pm in Valentine
- Dinner: from 5:00 – 7:00pm in Valentine
There are 2 exceptions to the schedule above.
- Tuesday’s dinner (11/21) will be a traditional Thanksgiving meal at the Emily Dickinson Ballroom in the Lord Jeffery Inn, courtesy of President Martin. Please register for either the 5:00 or 7:45pm seating here. Many meal options are available for the President's dinner (vegetarian, vegan, etc). Note that Valentine will not serve dinner on Tuesday.
- Thanksgiving Day (11/23) for lunch there will be a large traditional meal served from 12:00 – 2:00pm, instead of the regular lunch and dinner hours, in order to allow Dining Services staff to spend the evening with their families. Note that Valentine will not serve breakfast on Thursday.For dinner on Thanksgiving (11/23), pizza will be available in the Keefe Campus Center from 7:00 to 9:00pm.
- A schedule for the week, including an off-campus event, is posted here.
- Many Amherst College sports teams are playing home games during the break. See the composite schedule for details about the games.
- If you’re looking for more things to do, or places to explore on your own, check out this site for ideas.
Share a Meal and a Family
With growing number of students who remain on campus during the Thanksgiving break, the college is enhancing the services and activities and that will be available during this time. Share a Meal and a Family is designed for students to take advantage of a great opportunity to engage with Amherst College faculty, staff and local alumni over the break, and enjoy a home-cooked meal and family time. You can sign up here to join the Share a Meal and a Family program.
Facilities and Services
The hours of many buildings and offices are different during break. For a comprehensive listing, click here.
Keefe Campus Center
The Keefe Campus Center will be open daily, times TBD.
Hours for the Health Center can be found at the following link: https://www.amherst.edu/mm/480421
Information on after-hours care, can be found at the following link: https://www.amherst.edu/mm/431321
Hours for the Counseling Center can be found at the following link: https://www.amherst.edu/mm/46317
When the Counseling Center is closed, the counselor on call can be reached for urgent situations through the Administrator on Call. To contact the Administrator on Call, please call the Campus Police (413-542-2111).
AAS Vehicle Policy
The AAS manages three vehicles for student use. In order to reserve and drive a college vehicle, you need to be a credentialed driver with Amherst College. Information on the AAS Vehicle Policy can be found here: https://www.amherst.edu/mm/78040
Kickoff Meeting and Movie
All students are invited to the Thanksgiving Break Kickoff on Saturday, November 18th from noon-6:00pm with The Center for International Student Engagement (CISE) and the International Students Association who are hosting a Kitchen Takeover in Greenway A. There will be movies, snacks and the opportunity to cook a shared meal together.
Any questions about programs over Thanksgiving Break may be directed to Student Activities (firstname.lastname@example.org).