NOTE: Applicants to theme and language communities must submit Part One of the Theme Community Application and an application for each Theme/Language Community they are interested in.
Students interested in applying to the Asian Culture House, Brooks-Vigil Community, Dar al-Islam, Charles Drew House, French House, German House, Humphries House, International Community, Latinx Culture House, Marsh House, Russian House, Spanish House, and Sylvia Rivera communities can find application information and themed community timelines on this page. For more information on these communities please visit our page here.
Theme Community Applications for the 2024 - 2025 academic year can only be accessed through Part One of the Theme Community application. Part One of the application asks applicants to rank all theme communities they intend to apply for in order of preference. Links to individual theme community applications can be found at the end of Part One of the Theme Community Application.
How it works:
- Either the elected leadership of each theme community will make recommendations to REW regarding admission to each theme community or students who meet the criteria (based on their application) will be assigned to the community based on their housing selection number. Available spots will be distributed equally based on graduation year (1/3 of spots to Sophomores, 1/3 to Juniors, 1/3 to seniors).
- Housing & Operations will then use your preference information in conjunction with the decisions made by theme community leadership and complete each student's housing assignment.
By providing your preferences before making a decision, we can dramatically expedite the Theme Community housing assignments process.
- Applications are now open
- Both Applications (part one and the individual theme applications) are due by 9 am on Monday, February 12, 2024
- Offers will be extended by Friday, February 23, 2024
- Offers must be responded to by Wednesday, February 28, 2023
Room Selection Process:
Each community will engage in a room selection process facilitated by Housing & Operations.