Late Night Events
Amherst After Dark is a program created to provide additional consistent late-night social options to Amherst College students. Some of the programming is going to be put on by the department but this is primarily a collaborative effort with student groups and organizations! If your group would be interested in creating an event with the help of Student Activities, we’d love to hear your suggestions—please let us know!
Amherst After Dark: Student Events is the biggest part of the programming which will be put on by all of you! This part of the program invites Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) and groups of students to create events with funding support provided by Student Activities. Student Activities will collaborate with students to provide interactive events in O’Connor Commons and the Friedmann Room on FRIDAY OR SATURDAY Nights between 9pm and 2am.
In order to be considered for inclusion in this series, events must meet the following criteria:
- Occur on a chosen FRIDAY OR SATURDAY between 9pm and 2am in O’Connor Commons or the Friedman Room
- Incorporate an INTERACTIVE or SOCIAL component
- Ensure that NO alcohol will be served
- Maintain FREE admission
- Remain OPEN to ALL Amherst College students
- Provide free food to those in attendance
- Use a CONSISTENT publicity format; ie. please include the AC After Dark logo (available by request)
Spring 2015 Dates are available (you can’t apply too early!)
Proposals are due TWO WEEKS prior to proposed event date and should be returned to:
Events and Operations Coordinator, Paul Gallegos 413‐542‐5434
Office 023 Keefe Campus Center, AC #2290