- Keefe Campus CenterKeefe Campus Center
- Application for Campus Center Manager
- Campus Center Hours
- Calendar of Events
- Reservations and Facilities
- Student Event Planning: Forms & Links
- RSOs: Registered Student Organizations
- Party Policy
- Party Registration Form
- AC After Dark
- Event Notification Form
- Student Activities Co-Sponsorship Form
- Interdepartmental Student Fund (ISF) Co-Sponsorship Form
- Campus Activities Board Co-Sponsorship Form
- Post Event Evaluation Forms
- Post Office
RSO: Registered Student Organizations
The Campus Center hosts programs planned by many of student organizations.The Student Activities Office provides advisement, direction, and leadership training to the Amherst College Program Board (ACPB), Amherst College Social Council, Association of Amherst Students, Budgetary Committee, WAMH Radio Station, Olio Yearbook, and to the over 100 recognized student organizations and publications at Amherst College.
Registering Your Student Organization
Deadline to submit new Registered Student Organization proposals: January 31 - March 28
- If you wish to propose an idea for a new Student Organization, all proposals must be submitted by no later than March 28.
- New RSO proposals that are submitted by this deadline will be reviewed.
- Student Activities Office will contact the student leaders that submitted a new RSO proposal with additional information and guidance on drafting an RSO proposal and mission statement.
- The student leaders will be invited to attend a meeting to present the proposed club for review by Student Activities Office and AAS Judiciary Council members.
- Spring meeting dates April 8 and April 22, 7p room 203 Campus Center
Fall 2014/Student Activities Fair registration
Existing RSO re-registration for next academic year: April 1- May 7
- Student leaders of an existing student organization, you will need to re-register your organization annually to remain active.
- If leadership changes from semester to semester, please keep student leader contact current by updating the registration form.
- You can also use this form to request an email or listserv for your group or to change group information (ex. student leader names).
From April 1 – May 7, RSOs will need to re-register to be activate for the Fall 2014 semester and to participate in the Student Activities Fair held on Labor Day, Monday, September 1.
Any group who does not re-register their organization by the spring deadline will be considered inactive and may lose listserv, email/web access for their organization and will not be registered to attend the Activities Fair.
If you are a student leader of an existing student organization, you will need to register your organization annually to remain active. You can also use this form to request an email or listserv for your group or to change group information (ex. student leader names). Any group who does not re-register their organization by the spring deadline will be considered inactive and may lose listserv, email and web access for their organization.
The Student Activities Office recommends that students interested in starting a new club, first schedule to meet with the Director of Student Activities prior to submitting a new Registered Student Organization form to discuss the proposed club.
Please note that by submitting a new Registered Student Organization registration form does not equate approval of the proposed group. The student leaders must meet with the Director of Student Activities and receive written confirmation that the new Registered Student Organization has been approved. Once a new Registered Student Organization form is submitted, please allow up to 10 business days for the request to be processed.
While opportunities to create new Registered Student Organizations may be available, students are encouraged to join and collaborate with the existing Registered Student Organizations that may fit their interests and programming ideas. Please note that new Registered Student Organization requests are reviewed to comply with a variety of safety and campus policies, access to facilities, staffing, resources etc. Not all student group or club sports requests can be approved. If a new group or club sport request is not approved, students are encouraged to explore and participate in the 150 Registered Student Organizations that are offered for the student community.
Every year, during Orientations, the Student Activities Office hosts a Registered Student Organization Fair. The Fair, held at Alumni Gym, gives organizations a chance to educate and recruit new students to their groups. By registering your student organization with Student Activities early in the summer, you will automatically be included in the Student Organization Fair on September 1.
Last updated: March 25, 2014