Keefe Campus Center

How to Reserve a Room for a Party

Amherst College offers a variety of event venues. The information listed below will help you identify who to contact to reserve a space. Some locations can be found online via the Office of Public Affairs website:

Note: You must receive a reservation confirmation to access a space. A room/space reservation confirmation does not equate to registering an event or party with the Office of Student Life. 

Keefe Campus Center and the O’Connor Commons

To reserve most spaces in the Campus Center or the O’Connor Commons, please contact Jessica Jensen (, ext. 8317, Keefe Campus Center 019) during business hours.

Residence Halls

To reserve space in a residence hall, contact the RC for that building/hall and complete a Common Area Reservation Form. If you don’t know which RC to contact to reserve a residential space, email Residential Life at to request the RC name. The only exception is the O’Connor Commons, in order to reserve, contact the Office of Student Life.

Outdoors: Main quads and Residence Hall lawns

To reserve these spaces, contact the Custodial Services Special Services Supervisor, George Shaheen (, ext. 2367)

Athletics Facilities

To reserve the Alumni Gym, Lefrak Gym of the Cage spaces, contact the Director of Facilities, Donald Faulstick (, ext. 2303, Alumni Gym 1220). You must make requests very far in advance since these facilities are in typically constant use by the various athletic teams.

Academic Buildings

Reservation requests from 4 pm-8 am Monday-Friday or any time on the weekends, contact Paula Mieczkowski in Public Affairs (

Religion-Affiliated Spaces

To reserve these spaces, contact Religion Department Coordinator, Diane L. Dix (, ext. 2181).

Valentine Dining Hall & Lewis-Sebring

To reserve any of the Terrace or Conference rooms in Valentine, contact Catering Staff Assistant, Danielle Laferriere (


Keefe Campus Center