Interested in off-campus work options? Please remember that any type of off-campus work as an F-1 or J-1 international student requires prior government authorization.

Learn more about the different types of off-campus work authorization by exploring these pages. When in doubt, consult with the Center for International Student Engagement (CISE) by visiting us during advising hours or emailing us

Engaging in unauthorized work is a serious violation of your immigration status, and can impact your current status as well as future eligibility for immigration benefits by leading to the accrual of unlawful presence. Keep your options open by staying informed.