RSO Re-Registration Period for Academic Year 2016-2017 opens April 15th - September 30th 2016. The RSO Re-Registration form can be found HERE.
All re-registered student organizations are automatically registered for the annual Get Involved Fair. This year's Get Involved Fair will take place September 5th from 11:30a-2p on the First Year Quad.
New RSO proposals will be considered during the first three weeks of the Fall term (September 4th - 24th 2016). Applications can be submitted through The Amherst College Hub.
All proposals require a meeting to be scheduled by the Associate Director of Student Life for Student Activities to discuss criteria for final approval by AAS committee. Criteria for consideration includes:
- Compliance with College student conduct policies.
- Non-duplication of the mission orientation and/or activities of an already established RSO's.
- Concisely articulated objectives and goals of the proposed organization.
- Documented interest by at least ten students.
- Legitimate budgetary model by which the AAS and Student Activities can feasibly fund the organization's goals, projects, publications, and general annual costs.
- Objective plan for sustainability of the organization (i.e. ability to maintain active membership for three consecutive semesters).
- Adherence to Student Activities' non-discrimination policy by which all students have equal access to the organization (consideration given to audition-only organizations as long as all students have opportunity to audition).
- Demonstrable benefit to the Amherst College community.
- Demonstrable need for recognition based on benefits provided to recognized organizations (e.g. room reservations, Student Activities funding [all students may access AAS Discretionary Funding regardless of organizational affiliation], transportation resources).
For the effective organization and vision of your organization, it is important to have a thought out and well articulated written Constitution. This document will serve as a guiding resource for future members and is the foundation by which the organization operates. Your constitution should include the following sections:
- Officers and Duties
- Election Procedure
- Organization Advisor/Coach (optional)
- Method for Amending
- Anti-Discrimination & Anti-Hazing Policy
The Campus Center hosts programs planned by many of student organizations.The Student Activities Office provides advisement, direction, and leadership training to the Campus Activities Board (CAB), Association of Amherst Students, Budgetary Committee, WAMH Radio Station, Olio Yearbook, and to the over 100 recognized student organizations and publications at Amherst College.
Note: If you forgot to re-register your RSO, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Open Re-Registration for AY 16-17 will run from April 15th - September 30th.
Last updated: August 14, 2016