The Office of Student Engagement and Leadership staff provides support and resources for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) planning an event on campus. Student Engagement and Leadership must approve the proposed event before it can take place.
Note: Regular RSO meetings do not need to be registered or approved.
Once your group has set a date and time for the event, follow these steps:
Before the Event
- Secure funding
- Reserve space
- Register the event
- Schedule a meeting with Student Engagement and Leadership staff to review the proposed event or party (mandatory if event exceeds 100 people or has extensive catering, facilities, or AV needs)*
- Complete event contracts (if any)**
- Publicize the event
After the Event
- Students are encouraged to contact the Office of Student Engagement and Leadership (email@example.com) for guidance at any point in the event planning process, including:
- Deciding on an event
- Securing speakers/performers/licensing rights
*To meet with Student Engagement and Leadership staff to approve and discuss your event:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting, OR
- Come to Student Engagement and Leadership office hours in Keefe 012 between 3-4pm every weekday
- If you are unable to meet in person, email email@example.com
**RSOs should not complete an event contract prior to securing funding and having the event approved. It is recommended that student leaders do not sign an event contract without first seeking advisement of the Office Student Engagement and Leadership staff as there are College specific changes that often need to be made for safety regulations, food service, and payment methods.