Our Resources Include...
- Access to a friendly office staff who are available to talk and connect you with a variety of resources at Amherst College and within the Amherst community
- Resources for trans, non-binary, and gender non-conforming students, staff, and faculty
- A library including over 500 books and DVD's on queer history, health, religion, race, style, nationality, and much more
- Queer magazines, periodicals, and newspapers
- Public computers with FREE printing
- Queer/Trans 101 & Advanced Trainings
- Free hot cup of coffee and tea
- Free and accessible safe sex materials
- A comfortable space for queer and trans students to hang out, study, eat lunch, host meetings, and learn about queer individuals issues and topics
- Provide intentional efforts that promote gender and sexual identity development
- Provide spaces (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual) that holistically support queer and trans students
- Provide educational resources and programming for queer and trans students, allies and the campus community in order to create a safer and more supportive campus environment
- Provide opportunities to celebrate the leadership, identity, and diversity of the Amherst College queer and trans student, staff and faculty community
- Advocate for systemic change that creates services, policies, and procedures that are inclusive of sexual and gender diversity
Click on the links below to for pages on extensive resources immediately at the QRC, at Amherst College, in the 5-colleges, locally, nationally, and abroad!