Legal Resources

The Name Game

A step by step guide to changing your name/gender markers, compiled by Ramona Celis '19. Please note, some of this information is specific to the state of MA, and in most states there is no "non-binary" gender marker option. 

Further information on changing your name and gender outside of MA can be found here.

Some of the forms you may need in MA: 

Additional Resources:

US Passport Name & Gender Changes

In 2010, the US Department of State announced a new process regarding gender changes. There is more information about Name Changes and Gender Changes on their website.

US Social Security Administration Name Change

Check out the Social Security Administration's website for information about how to change your name on your social security card.